From Confusion to Eureka!
In the video below, part of our Eureka Moments video series, we delve into what happened when a customer who does aircraft repair used standard and completely approved abrasion materials, and yet they got some surprising outcomes when we took a closer look at what was actually happening to the metal surfaces being prepared for bonding.
One of our greatest joys at Brighton Science is helping our customers make discoveries about their adhesion process that better equip them to build their most reliable products. The reduction of rework, recalls, delays, scrap, returns, and all of the other headaches and dangers that come from adhesion failures is possible when you can look at all of the clues with the right tools.
Utilize Materials Science & Adhesion Expertise
Getting to the root cause and then eliminating adhesion issues in manufacturing takes a deep knowledge of several things:
- the chemistry behind adhesion
- the manufacturing process steps specific to the application at hand
- how each step is actually changing the surface being prepared
- the best methods of validating that the proper changes are being made to the surface
- what to do if previously trusted preparation steps and materials are proven to be ineffective
Watch the video below to see how we were able to help uncover the culprit that was introducing contamination into the adhesion process and how we leveraged our expertise, experience, and equipment to arrive at the solution.