Part 1: Surface Energy and the Chemistry of Adhesion
Giles Dillingham, Ph.D., Founder & Chief Scientist at Brighton Science, hosts this new series (Introducing Surface Intelligence) which covers all aspects of surface science. In this first episode, Dr. Dillingham covers the basics of Surface Energy and the Chemistry of Adhesion. Topics covered in this webinar:
- The definition of an adhesive bond
- Bond surface characteristics that determine bond performance
- The effects of process control on bond surface characteristics
- The fundamentals of surface energy
- How to measure surface energy
- The possible application uses and examples
Watch Part 2 of this Webinar Series!
Part 3: Surface Preparation of Metals & Plastics
Learn how to properly prepare the surfaces of metals and plastics in part 2 of this series.